[openstack-dev] [nova-docker] Status update

John Garbutt john at johngarbutt.com
Sat May 9 09:51:24 UTC 2015

On 1 May 2015 at 16:14, Davanum Srinivas <davanum at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone still interested in this work? :)
>
> * there's a stable/kilo branch now (see
> http://git.openstack.org/cgit/stackforge/nova-docker/).
> * CI jobs are running fine against both nova trunk and nova's
> stable/kilo branch.
> * there's an updated nova-spec to get code back into nova tree (see
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/128753/)

To proxy the discussion from the etherpad onto the ML, we need to work
out why this lives in nova, given Magnum is the place to do container
specific things.

LXC in nova means you can do Magnum containers inside Nova containers,
and some folks like the idea of that. You can also use containers just
like VMs, for where that makes sense.

Now whats the reason for adding the Docker driver, given Nova is
considering "container specific" APIs out of scope, and expecting
Magnum to own that kind of thing.

Thanks,
John