[openstack-dev] [requirements] global-requirements not co-installable

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Fri May 8 18:48:37 UTC 2015

On 8 May 2015 at 23:23, Sean Dague <sean at dague.net> wrote:
> On 05/08/2015 07:13 AM, Robert Collins wrote:

>> The resolver I have doesn't preserve the '1b' feature at all at this
>> point, and we're going to need to find a way to separate out 'I want
>> X' from 'I want X and I know better than you', which will let folk get
>> into tasty tasty trouble (like we're in now).
>
> Gotcha, so, yes, so the subtleties of pip were lost here.
>
> Instead of using another tool, could we make a version of this job pull
> and use the prerelease version of your pip code. Then we can run the
> same tests and fix them in a non voting job against this code that has
> not yet released.

Thats certainly possible too. Upside: if it works we know it works in
pip. Downside, we'll be tracking something that is in active
development and late-prototype /early alpha stage. This is likely to
be in pip 8.0 (7.0 should be out inside of a week).

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>
Distinguished Technologist