[openstack-dev] [TC][Keystone] Rehashing the Pecan/Falcon/other WSGI debate

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Fri May 8 11:28:28 UTC 2015

On 07/05/15 19:19 -0500, Dolph Mathews wrote:
>    We didn't pick Falcon because Kurt was Marconi's PTL and Falcon's
>    maintainer. The main reason it was picked was related to performance
>    first[0] and time (We didn't/don't have enough resources to even think
>    of porting the API) and at this point, I believe it's not even going
>    to be considered anymore in the short future.
>

>I'm just going to pipe up and say that's a terribly shallow reason for choosing
>a web framework, and I think it's silly and embarrassing that there's not a
>stronger community preference for more mature frameworks. I take that as a sign
>that most of our developer community is coming from non-Python backgrounds,
>which is fine, but this whole conversation has always felt like a plague
>of Not-Invented-Here, which baffles me.

Not sure how to parse your email but, FWIW, the community did what was
necessary to promote Pecan and the team decided to stick with Falcon.

I don't believe performance and good fit for your use-case are shallow
reasons to pick a framework.

Most of the projects are using Pecan and it works very well for them
and I believe, as I mentioned in my previous email, it's the framework
projects should default to.

Flavio

--
@flaper87