[openstack-dev] [nova] Is Live-migration not supported in CONF.libvirt.images_type=lvm case?

Rui Chen chenrui.momo at gmail.com
Fri May 8 08:20:17 UTC 2015

Hi all:

    I find the bug [1] "block/live migration doesn't work with LVM as
libvirt storage" is marked as 'Fix released', but I don't think this issue
really is solved, I check the live-migration code and don't find any logic
for handling LVM disk. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

In the bug [1] comments, the only related merged patch is
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/73387/ , it cover the 'resize/migrate'
code path, not live-migration, and I don't think this bug [1] is duplicate
with bug [2], they are the different use case, live-migration and migration.

So should we reopen this bug and add some documentation to describe that
live-migration is not supported in current code?

[1]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1282643
[2]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1270305