[openstack-dev] [swift] Go! Swift!

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Fri May 8 06:13:53 UTC 2015

Excerpts from Clay Gerrard's message of 2015-05-07 18:35:23 -0700:
> On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 3:48 PM, Clint Byrum <clint at fewbar.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm still very curious to hear if anybody has been willing to try to
> > make Swift work on pypy.
>

> yeah, Alex Gaynor was helping out with it for awhile.  It worked.  And it
> helped.  A little bit.
>
> Probably still worth looking at if you're curious, but I'm not aware of
> anyone who's currently working aggressively to productionize swift running
> on pypy.

So if I take your phrase "A little bit" to mean "Not enough to matter"
then I can imagine there isn't much more that can be done.

It sounds like there are really deep architectural issues in Swift that
need addressing, not just "make code run faster", but "get closer to
the metal" type efficiencies that are being sought.

This should be interesting indeed.