[openstack-dev] [TripleO] puppet pacemaker thoughts... and an idea

Giulio Fidente gfidente at redhat.com
Thu May 7 21:46:43 UTC 2015

On 05/07/2015 07:35 PM, Dan Prince wrote:
> On Thu, 2015-05-07 at 17:36 +0200, Giulio Fidente wrote:
>> On 05/07/2015 03:31 PM, Dan Prince wrote:
>>> On Thu, 2015-05-07 at 11:22 +0200, Giulio Fidente wrote:

[...]

>> on the other hand, we can very well get rid of the ifs today by
>> deploying *with* pacemaker in single node scenario as well! we already
>> have EnablePacemaker always set to true for dev purposes, even on single
>> node
>
> EnablePacemaker is set to 'false' by default. IMO it should be opt-in:
>
> http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/tripleo-heat-templates/commit/?id=1f7426a014f0f83ace4d2b3531014e22f7778b4d

sure that param is false by default, but one can enable it and deploy
with pacemaker on single node, and in fact many people do this for dev
purposes

before that change, we were even running CI on single node with
pacemaker so as a matter of fact, one could get rid of the conditionals
in the manifest today by just assuming there will be pacemaker

this said, I prefer myself to leave some "air" for a (future?)
non-pacemaker scenario, but I still wanted to point out the reason why
the conditionals are there in the first place
--
Giulio Fidente
GPG KEY: 08D733BA