[openstack-dev] [be nice] Before doing big non backardcompabitle changes in how gates work make sure that all PTL are informed about that

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Thu May 7 17:06:11 UTC 2015

On 05/07/2015 12:51 PM, Boris Pavlovic wrote:
> Hi stackers,
>
> Recently was merged patch that removes Heat from list of service that
> are installed by default DevStack
>
> Please next time make sure that all PTL of all projects in OpenStack
> know about such big not backward compatible changes.
>
> P.S This change paralyzed work on Rally for 2 days. =(

This should in no way impact gate jobs, they should all be explicitly
setting service lists themselves for their environments. The ensure
devstack-gate model is built around that. If they are not, then that is
a bug in how they were built.

This has also been a long time coming, we merged the direction patch for
this in Feb in the FUTURE.rst document.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague