[openstack-dev] [Fuel] interaction between fuel-plugin and fuel-UI

Samuel Bartel samuel.bartel.pro at gmail.com
Thu May 7 13:37:12 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I am working on two plugins for fuel : logrotate and cinder-netapp (to add
multibackend feature)

In this two plugins I face the same problem. Is it possible in the
environment yaml config describing the fields to display for the plugin in
the UI to have some dynamic element.

I explain my need. I would like to be able to add additional element by
clicking on a “+” button as the IP range for network tab in order to be
able to:

-add new log file to manage for the logrorate instead of having a static
list

-add extra netapp filer/volume instead ofbeing able to setup only one for
the cinder netapp in a multibackend scope.

For the cinder netapp for example, I would be able to access to the netapp
server hostname with:

$::fuel_settings[‘cinder_netapp’][0][‘netapp_server_hostname’]  #for the
first one

$::fuel_settings[‘cinder_netapp’][1][‘netapp_server_hostname’]  #for the
second  one

And so on.

Can we do that with the actual plugin feature.  If not is it planned to add
such a feature?

Regards,

Samuel