[openstack-dev] [TripleO] puppet pacemaker thoughts... and an idea

Dan Prince dprince at redhat.com
Thu May 7 13:34:56 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-05-07 at 12:15 +0300, marios wrote:
> On 07/05/15 05:32, Dan Prince wrote:
> > Looking over some of the Puppet pacemaker stuff today. I appreciate all
> > the hard work going into this effort but I'm not quite happy about all
> > of the conditionals we are adding to our puppet overcloud_controller.pp
> > manifest. Specifically it seems that every service will basically have
> > its resources duplicated for pacemaker and non-pacemaker version of the
> > controller by checking the $enable_pacemaker variable.
> >
> > After seeing it play out for a couple services I think I might prefer it
> > better if we had an entirely separate template for the "pacemaker"
> > version of the controller. One easy way to kick off this effort would be
> > to use the Heat resource registry to enable pacemaker rather than a
> > parameter.
> >
> > Something like this:
> >
> > https://review.openstack.org/#/c/180833/
>
> +1 I like this as an idea. Given we've already got quite a few reviews
> in flight making changes to overcloud_controller.pp (we're still working
> out how to, and enabling services) I'd be happier to let those land and
> have the tidy up once it settles (early next week at the latest) -
> especially since there's some working out+refactoring to do still,

My preference would be that we not go any further down the path of using
$enable_pacemaker in the overcloud_controller.pp template.

I don't think it would be that hard to convert existing reviews to use
the new file would it? And removing the conditionals would just make it
read more cleanly too.

Dan