[openstack-dev] [TripleO] puppet pacemaker thoughts... and an idea

Jay Dobies jason.dobies at redhat.com
Thu May 7 13:10:34 UTC 2015

On 05/07/2015 06:01 AM, Giulio Fidente wrote:
> On 05/07/2015 11:15 AM, marios wrote:
>> On 07/05/15 05:32, Dan Prince wrote:
>
> [..]
>
>>> Something like this:
>>>
>>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/180833/
>>
>> +1 I like this as an idea. Given we've already got quite a few reviews
>> in flight making changes to overcloud_controller.pp (we're still working
>> out how to, and enabling services) I'd be happier to let those land and
>> have the tidy up once it settles (early next week at the latest) -
>> especially since there's some working out+refactoring to do still,
>
> +1 on not block ongoing work
>
> as of today a split would cause the two .pp to have a lot of duplicated
> data, making them not better than one with the ifs IMHO

I'm with Giulio here. I'm not as strong on my puppet as everyone else,
but I don't see the current approach as duplication, it's just passing
in different configurations.

> we should probably move out of the existing .pp the duplicated parts
> first (see my other email on the matter)

My bigger concern is Tuskar. It has the ability to set parameters. It's
hasn't moved to a model where you're configuring the overcloud through
selecting entries in the resource registry. I can see that making sense
in the future, but that's going to require API changes.