[openstack-dev] [Sahara] Can't upload jar file to Job Binaries from Horizon

Li, Chen chen.li at intel.com
Thu May 7 09:29:11 UTC 2015

Hi sahara,

I have a fresh installed devstack environment.

I try to upload sahara/etc/edp-examples/edp-pig/trim-spaces/udf.jar to Job binaries (store in internal database) but failed.
I get error in horizon_error.log, which complains "UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe6 in position 14: ordinal not in range(128)". (https://bugs.launchpad.net/sahara/+bug/1452116)

I checked everywhere I know, but can't find any clue why this happen because this used to work.

There is message in locale/sahara.pot:
        msgid "Job binary internal data must be a string of length greater than zero"
Is this means I can't upload "jar" file to Job binary because Job binary internal data must be a string ???

Anything I have missed ???

Looking forward to your reply!

Thanks.
-chen