[openstack-dev] [puppet][operators] How to specify Keystone v3 credentials?

Mike Dorman mdorman at godaddy.com
Wed May 6 23:40:48 UTC 2015

Cool, fair enough.  Pretty glad to hear that actually!

From: Colleen Murphy
Date: Wednesday, May 6, 2015 at 5:31 PM
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [puppet][operators] How to specify Keystone v3 credentials?

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 4:26 PM, Mike Dorman <mdorman at godaddy.com<mailto:mdorman at godaddy.com>> wrote:
We also run all masterless/puppet apply.  And we just populate a bare
bones keystone.conf on any box that does not have keystone installed, but
Puppet needs to be able to create keystone resources.

Also agreed on avoiding puppetdb, for the same reasons.

(Something to note for those of us doing masterless today: there are plans
from Puppet to move more of the manifest compiling functionality to run
only in the puppet master process.  So at some point, it’s likely that
masterless setups may not be possible.)
I don't think that's true. I think making sure puppet apply works is a priority for them, just the implementation as they move to a C++-based agent has yet to be figured out.

Colleen

Mike