[openstack-dev] [Cinder] Static Ceph mon connection info prevents VM restart

David Medberry openstack at medberry.net
Wed May 6 19:46:08 UTC 2015

Hi Arne,

We've had this EXACT same issue.

I don't know of a way to force an update as you are basically pulling the
rug out from under a running instance. I don't know if it is
possible/feasible to update the virsh xml in place and then migrate to get
it to actually use that data. (I think we tried that to no avail.)
dumpxml=>massage cephmons=>import xml

If you find a way, let me know, and that's part of the reason I'm replying
so that I stay on this thread. NOTE: We did this on icehouse. Haven't tried
since upgrading to Juno but I don't note any change therein that would
mitigate this. So I'm guessing Liberty/post-Liberty for a real fix.