[openstack-dev] [chef] Feedback to move IRC Monday meeting and time.

JJ Asghar jasghar at chef.io
Wed May 6 17:11:16 UTC 2015

Hey everyone!

As we move forward with our big tent move[1] Jan suggested we move from our traditional IRC meeting in our main channel #openstack-chef to one of the official OpenStack meeting channels[2].

This has actually caused a situation that I’d like to make public. In the documentation the times for the meetings are suggested at the top of the hour, we have ours that start at :30 past. This allows for our friends and community members on the west coast of the United States able to join at a pseudo-reasonable time.  The challenge is, if we move it forward to the top of the hour, we may lose the west coast, but if we move it back to the top of the next hour we may lose our friends in Germany and earlier time zones.

I’m not sure what to do here, so i’d like some feedback from the community.

When we’ve come to a consensus we can attempt to find the open slot in the official IRC channels and i can put the stake in the ground here[3].

Thoughts, questions, concerns?

-JJ

[1]: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/175000/ <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/175000/>
[2]: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/CreateaMeeting <https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/CreateaMeeting>