[openstack-dev] [oslo.config] MultiStrOpt VS. ListOpt

ZhiQiang Fan aji.zqfan at gmail.com
Wed May 6 12:44:28 UTC 2015

Hi, devs

I come across a problem that crudini cannot handle MultiStrOpt[1], I don't
know why such type configuration option is needed. It seems ListOpt is a
better choice. Currently I find lots of MultiStrOpt options in both Nova
and Ceilometer, and I think other projects have too.

Here are my questions:

1) how can I update such type of option without manually rewrite the config
file? (like devstack scenario)
2) Is there any way to migrate MultiStrOpt to ListOpt? The ListOpt will
take last specified value while MultiStrOpt takes all, so the compatibility
is a big problem

Any hints?

Thanks!

[1]