[openstack-dev] [PKG-Openstack-devel][horizon][xstatic] XStatic-Angular-Bootstrap in violation of the MIT/Expat license (forwarded from: python-xstatic-angular-bootstrap_0.11.0.2-1_amd64.changes REJECTED)

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Wed May 6 07:26:37 UTC 2015

On 05/05/2015 05:05 PM, Michael Krotscheck wrote:
> The real question seems to be whether packagers have a disproportionate
> amount of power to set development goals, tools, and policy. This is a
> common theme that I've encountered frequently, and it leads to no small
> amount of tension.
>
> This tension serves no-one, and really just causes all of us stress. How
> about we start a separate thread to discuss the roles of package
> maintainers in OpenStack?
>
> Michael

Mostly, everyone has been super friendly in the OpenStack community, and
reactions are almost always very constructive, plus my concerns are
almost always addressed (and when they are not, either their's a real
reason why, or it's hard to do). I haven't felt tension so much as
you're claiming, apart maybe with a very low amount of individuals, but
that's unavoidable in such large community.

Thomas