[openstack-dev] [api] API reference - follow-up questions

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Tue May 5 16:16:26 UTC 2015

Hi all,

For Liberty I am working on a specification to update the way we deliver
application developer information. [1] I'm incorporating Tom's suggestion
to automate API reference information. [2]

In revising the API reference specification I wanted to ask a few more
questions to shape the spec further.

* Should we do a proof of concept for say, Compute, then have the other
projects
follow? Identity v3 has the most calls in the core with 74, but Compute v2
plus
extensions has over 120 calls. Alternatively, we could also limit the scope
to "greater than 50% reported on User Survey [2]".

* Is there any way to know what versions of an API a user answering the
survey is running or do we have to scope to both versions for some of these
services?
Identity
Compute
Block Storage
Image
Networking

* Do we continue to enable the project teams to indicate where they want to
maintain REST API information? Or does this spec require particulars down
to the folder name in the repo due to automation efforts?

Feel free to reply here or in the spec itself.

Thanks,
Anne

1. https://review.openstack.org/#/c/177934/1
2.