[openstack-dev] [eventlet][requirements] Issue with eventlet >= 0.17.2 and ssl

stuart.mclaren at hp.com stuart.mclaren at hp.com
Tue May 5 09:30:51 UTC 2015

All,

When using a version of python which has the new SSLContext (ie python 3, 2.7.9 and
at least some 2.7.8 versions) this issue:

https://github.com/eventlet/eventlet/issues/226

(where the combination of a newer python with https/eventlet and requests doesn't handle
SSL certs propertly) seems to prevent running OpenStack with https using later 2.x python
versions.

Has anyone else hit this?

There is a fix now on eventlet's master branch, but it hasn't been released yet.
Since versions of eventlet prior to 0.17.3 aren't python 3 compatible [1] I'm
guessing that we need to wait for a new eventlet to be released and can't
update global-requirements to pin to an older version as a workaround?

Thanks.

-Stuart

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-April/061091.html