[openstack-dev] [all] Sign up for oslo liaisons for liberty cycle

Davanum Srinivas davanum at gmail.com
Mon May 4 12:45:11 UTC 2015

[ re-sending an almost identical email from Doug sent just before kilo
cycle :) ]

The Oslo team is responsible for managing code shared between projects. There
are a LOT more projects than Oslo team members, so we created the liaison
program at the beginning of the Juno cycle, asking each team that uses Oslo
libraries to provide one volunteer liaison. Our liaisons facilitate
communication and work with us to make the application code changes needed as
code moves out of the incubator and into libraries. With this extra help in
place, we were able to successfully graduate 7 new libraries and begin having
them adopted across OpenStack.

With the change-over to the new release cycle, it’s time to ask for volunteers
to sign up to be liaisons again. If you are interested in acting as a liaison
for your project, please sign up on the wiki page [1]. It would be very helpful
to have a full roster before the summit, so we can make sure liaisons are
invited to participate in any relevant discussions there. If you are
curious about
the current state of planning for Liberty, please peek at [2] and [3].

Thanks,
Dims

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Oslo/ProjectLiaisons
[2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/liberty-oslo-summit-planning