[openstack-dev] [PKG-Openstack-devel][horizon][xstatic] XStatic-Angular-Bootstrap in violation of the MIT/Expat license (forwarded from: python-xstatic-angular-bootstrap_0.11.0.2-1_amd64.changes REJECTED)

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Sun May 3 16:46:13 UTC 2015

Hi,

According to Paul Tagliamonte, who is from the Debian FTP master team
(which peer-reviews NEW packages in Debian before they reach the
archive) python-xstatic-angular-bootstrap cannot be uploaded as-is to
Debian because it doesn't include an Expat LICENSE file, which is in
direct violation of the license itself (ie: anything which is shipped
using the MIT / Expat license *must* include the said license). Below is
a copy of reply to me, after the package was rejected.

Maxime, since you're the maintainer of this xstatic package, could you
please include the Expat (aka: MIT) license inside
xstatic-angular-bootstrap, then retag and re-release the package?

Also, when this is done, I would strongly suggest fixing the
global-requirements.txt to force using the correct package, then remove
license infringing version from PyPi. This wont change anything for me
as long as there's a new package which fixes the licensing issue, but
legally, I don't think it's right to leave downloadable what has already
been released.