[openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS] Clarification required

Madhusudhan Kandadai madhusudhan.openstack at gmail.com
Sat May 2 02:43:52 UTC 2015

Hello,

I am playing around with Neutron LBaaS API calls as per Neutron/LBaaS/API
2.0 docs. I have noticed below behavior against working devstack. I would
like to clarify on it:

1. I create a loadbalancer using RESTAPI with the attributes -
'vip_subnet_id' and 'admin_state_up' as 'False'. It is getting created
successfully

when I do a GET on loadbalancer, I could see the relevant their information.

2. I create a listener with the loadbalancer_id from step 1 and
'admin_state_up' as 'False' and able to create listener.

when I do a GET on loadbalancer again, I could see listener details
associated with the loadbalancer as expected

Now the question comes in:-

3. I create a pool with listener _id and 'admin_state_up' as 'False' and
able to create pool accordingly

But, when I do a GET on loadbalancer, I could not see pool details under
listener associated with the loadbalancer.

Just curious, why I could not see like this when I do a GET on loadbalancer:

{
loadbalancer {
                     listener {
                                   pools
                                }
                   }
}

4. I could see all the details including pool correctly when I do GET on
loadbalancers/<lb_id>/statuses

Thanks,
Madhusudhan