[openstack-dev] [tc] Who is allowed to vote for TC candidates

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Fri May 1 03:58:10 UTC 2015

On 1 May 2015 at 13:24, Davanum Srinivas <davanum at gmail.com> wrote:
> One concrete suggestion based on my experience working with Kris
> Lindgren on Heartbeat patch:
> http://markmail.org/message/gifrt5f3mslco24j
>
> I could have added a "Co-Tested-By" (or "Co-Operator" - get it? :) in
> my commit message which would have signaled a concrete
> contribution/feedback with specific folks in the operator community.
> This could be done not just for code, could be for reviews or
> documentation etc as well. WDYT?
>
> thanks,
> dims

I'd just use Co-Authored-By: - authoring is a rich activity, wider
than 'typed into a code editor' - I commonly add Co-Authored-By for
folk I've discussed things with during design etc.

Arguably code review should get that too, but there's both a
chicken-egg thing there, and also you'd want to let the contributor
make an assessment as to at what point the 'is a coauthor' threshold
has been passed.

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>