[openstack-dev] [Neutron] One confirm about max fixed ips per port

Kevin Benton blak111 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 22:54:20 UTC 2015

Multiple subnets can be used per port to have discontiguous floating IP
ranges on the external network. They can be used on internal networks to
migrate to a different address space. They can be added in VLAN-based
environments where networks are expensive to increase the number of hosts
allowed on the network later.

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 7:43 AM, <sparkofwisdom.cloud at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Do we have clarity on this question? I think it will be more important
> for IPv6 enabled port…Any guidance from the Neutron Core?
>

> Thanks!
>

> Shixiong
>

>  "Zou, Yun" <zou.yun at jp.fujitsu.com> wrote:
>
> Hello, Oleg Bondarev.
>

> Sir, I could not find out any merit of multi subnets on one network,
> except the following one.
>
> - Migrate IPv4 to IPv6, so we need both subnet range on one network.
>
> So I don't know very much the nesessery of max_fied_ips_per_port parameter.
>
> All I know is only DB module and opencontrail plugin are using this
> parameter for validate.
>
> Do we have any usages about this issue, please?
>
> I appreciate a lot of your help.
>

> My question is related to fix [1].
>
> [1]: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/160214/
>

> Best regards,