[openstack-dev] [Sahara] Question about Sahara API v2
ken.chen at intel.com
Tue Mar 31 16:16:21 UTC 2015
Sergey and Michael, thanks for explaining these.
From: Sergey Lukjanov [mailto:slukjanov at mirantis.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 12:00 AM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [Sahara] Question about Sahara API v2
Agree with Mike, thx for the link.
On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 4:55 PM, michael mccune <msm at redhat.com<mailto:msm at redhat.com>> wrote:
On 03/30/2015 07:02 AM, Sergey Lukjanov wrote:
My personal opinion for API 2.0 - we should discuss design of all object
and endpoint, review how they are used from Horizon or
python-saharaclient and improve them as much as possible. For example,
* get rid of tons of extra optional fields
* rename Job -> Job Template, Job Execution -> Job
* better support for Horizon needs
If you have any ideas ideas about 2.0 - please write them up, there is a
99% chance that we'll discuss an API 2.0 a lot on Vancouver summit.
i've started a pad that we can use to collect ideas for the discussion: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/sahara-liberty-api-v2
things that i'd like to see from the v2 discussion
* a full endpoint review, some of the endpoints might need to be deprecated or adjusted slightly (for example, job-binary-internals)
* a technology review, should we consider Pecan or stay with Flask?
* proposals for more radical changes to the api; use of micro-versions akin to nova's plan, migrating the project id into the headers, possible use of swagger to aid in auto-generation of api definitions.
i think we will have a good amount to discuss and i will be migrating some of my local notes into the pad over this week and the next. i invite everyone to add their thoughts to the pad for ideas.
OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
Unsubscribe: OpenStack-dev-request at lists.openstack.org?subject:unsubscribe<http://OpenStackemail@example.com?subject:unsubscribe>
Sahara Technical Lead
(OpenStack Data Processing)
Principal Software Engineer
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OpenStack-dev