[openstack-dev] [Manila] FFE Request: "glusterfs_native: negotiate volumes with glusterd"

Csaba Henk chenk at redhat.com
Tue Mar 31 14:54:47 UTC 2015

Hi Ben,

please find my answer inline.

----- Original Message -----

The risk is usability of the driver. To put it like that, driver is
architecturally broken -- storing all possible share backend instances
in a config parameter is not something should be seen in release code.

> Will users be subjected to any upgrade problems going from Kilo to
> Liberty if we don't fix this in Kilo? Will there be any significant
> maintenance problems in the Kilo code if we don't change it?

OpenStack distributions might be tempted to backport the fix (to arrive at
a usable driver) in which case they take up a maintenance burden.

Csaba