[openstack-dev] [Nova][Neutron] Status of the nova-network to Neutron migration work

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Tue Mar 31 11:55:32 UTC 2015

On 03/30/2015 05:58 PM, Sean M. Collins wrote:
>> Quick update about OVS vs LB:
>> Sean M. Collins pushed up a patch that runs CI on Tempest with LB:
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/168423/
>>
>> So far it's failing pretty badly.
>

> I haven't had a chance to debug the failures - it is my hope that
> perhaps there are just more changes I need to make to DevStack to make
> LinuxBridge work correctly. If anyone is successfully using LinuxBridge
> with DevStack, please do review that patch and offer suggestions or
> share their local.conf file. :)

(applogies for previous encrypted email, enigmail somehow flagged
openstack-dev as encrypt by default for me.)

... Right, remember that getting a working neutron config requires a raft of
variables set correctly in the first place. Also, unlike n-net (which
owns setting up it's own network), neutron doesn't bootstrap it's own
bridges. Devstack has to specifically do ovs commands to create the
bridges for neutron otherwise it face plants. I expect that in this case
we're missing all that extra devstack initialization here, based on what
I saw in the failures.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague