[openstack-dev] [nova] meaning of 'Triaged' in bug tracker

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Tue Mar 31 00:31:51 UTC 2015

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 10:00:44AM -0400, Sean Dague wrote:
> I've been attempting to clean up the bug tracker, one of the continued
> inconsistencies that are in the Nova tracker is the use of 'Triaged'.
>

> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/BugTriage
>
> "If the bug contains the solution, or a patch, set the bug status to
> Triaged"

So I'll stick my hand up and say that I was/am using:
"The bug comments contain a full analysis on how to properly fix the issue"
from: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Bugs

to differentiate between Confirmed and Triaged.  Certainly there are a few bugs
I'm on that fall into the 'the bug has enough information to fix it' category
without having a bug attached.

So I'd like to suggest 2 things

1) We link directly to https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/BugTriage from
   https://launchpad.net/~nova-bugs.  This is the path I used to get started
   with bug work.  Perhaps I'm strange ;P
2) [ and this is harder as it's project wide :/ ] We pick one of the two
preceding definitions and use it in both places.  We should probably check the
other state descriptions.

I'm not advocating for definition or t'other merely trying to reduce points of
confusion.

Yours Tony.