[openstack-dev] Is yaml-devel still needed for Devstack

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at redhat.com
Fri Mar 27 13:09:50 UTC 2015

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 09:01:12AM -0400, Adam Young wrote:
> I recently got Devstack to run on RHEL.  In doing so, I had to hack around
> the dependency on yaml-devel (I just removed it from devstack's required
> packages)
>
> There is no yaml-devel in EPEL or the main repos for RHEL7.1/Centos7.

Fedora and CentOS (7) both have libyaml and libyaml-devel.  I wonder
if this is just a package naming issue in devstack?  libyaml-devel is
used by PyYAML to build C extensions, although PyYAML will also
operate without it.

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at redhat.com> | larsks @ {freenode,twitter,github}
Cloud Engineering / OpenStack          | http://blog.oddbit.com/