[openstack-dev] [Devstack] What is neutron-legacy?

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 03:46:44 UTC 2015

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 8:00 PM, Hirofumi Ichihara <
ichihara.hirofumi at lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:

> I found lib/neutron-legacy in master branch today.
> I didn’t know this important change because I couldn’t watch for the last
> few days.
> Could someone tell me what is neutron-legacy?
> How do we manage and develop it?

lib/neutron-legacy is a renamed lib/neutron, moved to make way for a new
lib/neutron that will a) follow the existing patterns of the rest of
DevStack's project modules, and b) be the first of the modules to get the
renamed services so you'll see neutron-api instead of q-svc for example.

> I would also like to know where is the change decided, IRC or ML? I
> probably missed it.

The final disposition of this was worked out this week at the QA code
sprint where we have Matt, Sean, Sean and myself (along with a handful of
folk working on Tempest and other QA tasks) in the same room sorting out
how to get Neutron usable as the default networking for DevStack.  One of
the things we decided was that it was necessary to refactor DevStack's
Neutron support so it is more maintainable.

Both versions of the Neutron support will be available for a time, but the
new lib/neutron is what will implement the default configuration when that
change is made.  We will be making further communication when we are ready
as some details are still under consideration.

dt

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com