[openstack-dev] mox3 WAS Re: [nova] Do we have some guidelines for mock, stub, mox when writing unit test?

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Fri Mar 27 02:57:53 UTC 2015

On 03/26/2015 09:47 PM, Alan Pevec wrote:
> blast from the past...

>> On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 11:16 AM, Nikola Đipanov <ndipanov at redhat.com> wrote:
>>> 1) Figure out what is the deal with mox3 and decide if owning it will
>>> really be less trouble than porting nova. To be hones - I was unable to
>>> even find the code repo for it, only [3]. If anyone has more info -
>>> please weigh in. We'll also need volunteers
>>>

>> Monty and I did this last cycle, its apart of the openstack project,
>> although its not available in gerrit. Which should be fixed so we can start
>> getting bug fixes in for it.
>
> Looks like this was not done, last pypi upload was mox3-0.7.0.tar.gz
> on 2013-08-15 by owner "openstackci" but I don't see it in
> https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/project-config/tree/gerrit/projects.yaml
> ?
>
> There was a bug reported about py34 incompatibility which was worked
> around in one specific project, but oslotest has a dependency on mox3
> so I moved it to oslotest
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/oslotest/+bug/1403214
>
> What's the status of migration to mock, can mox and mox3 be dropped
> from global-requirements ?

No.

kosh:~/code/openstack/nova(master)> git grep mox | wc -l
4061

This has been treated as a thing that should be done slowly over time.
At that line count, I expect it would require a few dedicated people to
work through the issues in Liberty to convert the rest of the tests.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net