[openstack-dev] [cinder] Deadline For Volume Drivers to Be Readded

Ryan Hsu rhsu at vmware.com
Thu Mar 26 20:49:43 UTC 2015

Hi Mike,

We (VMware CI) run "testr run tempest.api.volume" for our Cinder CI and this runs about ~240 tests for us. I'm guessing that the rest of the ~60 tests are not being run due to skips and disabled features. For example, here is a sampling of tests that are skipped in a recent run (note that this is using tempest.conf with no explicit disabling of Cinder services):

tempest.api.compute.test_live_block_migration.LiveBlockMigrationTestJSON.test_iscsi_volume ... SKIPPED: Block Live migration not available
setUpClass (tempest.api.orchestration.stacks.test_volumes.CinderResourcesTest) ... SKIPPED: Heat support is required
setUpClass (tempest.api.volume.admin.test_multi_backend.VolumeMultiBackendV2Test) ... SKIPPED: Cinder multi-backend feature disabled
tempest.api.compute.volumes.test_attach_volume.AttachVolumeTestJSON.test_attach_detach_volume ... SKIPPED: SSH required for this test
setUpClass (tempest.api.volume.admin.test_volumes_backup.VolumesBackupsV1Test) ... SKIPPED: Cinder backup feature disabled
setUpClass (tempest.api.volume.admin.test_volumes_backup.VolumesBackupsV2Test) ... SKIPPED: Cinder backup feature disabled
setUpClass (tempest.api.volume.admin.test_multi_backend.VolumeMultiBackendV1Test) ... SKIPPED: Cinder multi-backend feature disabled
tempest.scenario.test_volume_boot_pattern.TestVolumeBootPattern.test_volume_boot_pattern ... SKIPPED: Skipped until Bug: 1373513 is resolved.
tempest.scenario.test_stamp_pattern.TestStampPattern.test_stamp_pattern ... SKIPPED: Skipped until Bug: 1205344 is resolved.
setUpClass (tempest.thirdparty.boto.test_ec2_instance_run.InstanceRunTest) ... SKIPPED: The EC2 API is not available
setUpClass (tempest.thirdparty.boto.test_ec2_volumes.EC2VolumesTest) ... SKIPPED: The EC2 API is not available
tempest.scenario.test_volume_boot_pattern.TestVolumeBootPatternV2.test_volume_boot_pattern ... SKIPPED: Skipped until Bug: 1373513 is resolved.

As we are actually running the volume suite according to the FAQ and the above skipped tests are documented by our CI, would it be possible to add an exception to the rule?  I'm sure these numbers will be different for all CIs and as long as people are not abusing and hiding skipped tests, I don't see this as a problem.

Thanks,
Ryan