[openstack-dev] [nova] [libvirt] The risk of hanging when shutdown instance.

Rui Chen chenrui.momo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 04:15:29 UTC 2015

Hi all:

    I found a discuss about the libvirt shutdown API maybe hang when
shutdown instance in libvirt community,
https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2015-March/msg01121.html

    I'm not sure that whether there are some risks when we shutdown
instance in nova.

    Three questions:
    1. Whether acpi is the default shutdown mode in QEMU/KVM hypervisor
when we shutdown instance using libvirt?
    2. Whether acpi is asynchronous mode, and qemu-agent is synchronous
mode when we shutdown instance?
    3. If the hypervisor use qemu-agent as default shutdown mode, how we
can deal the hanging issue?

Best Regards.