[openstack-dev] [barbican] Using KMIP with Barbican (Utkarsh Simha)

Farr, Kaitlin M. Kaitlin.Farr at jhuapl.edu
Wed Mar 25 15:24:50 UTC 2015

Hi Utkarsh,

Specifying "kmip_plugin" in the barbican-api.conf is the correct way to
configure the plugin. In my previous debugging experience, I've found that I
get CryptoPluginNotFound if an error occurred during the plugin's __init__
method. For the KMIP plugin, this means the key file permissions were not
set to 400 or the PyKMIP KMIPProxy object could not be created with the
configuration options set. To debug this further, we'll need to log at the
logs for more clues.

Hope this helps!

Kaitlin Farr
Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory