[openstack-dev] [kolla] Re: Why we didn't use k8s in kolla?

Chmouel Boudjnah chmouel at chmouel.com
Wed Mar 25 12:36:07 UTC 2015

Hello,

So if I understand correctly Kubernetes was avoided since there is no
control point and using fig/docker-compose would get you a top to the
bottom deployment that easy to control.

At this point is there any reasons not using something like ansible+docker
plugin instead? I have used extensively fig back in the days for an
internal project of mine and quickly come to its limitations with regard to
caching and redeployment (was keeping having to do fig ps -q|xargs -r
docker stop || true )

Cheers,
Chmouel