[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Removing udp_port field from 'ml2_vxlan_endpoint' table

Andreas Scheuring scheuran at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Mar 24 08:40:06 UTC 2015

Mathieu,
now I'm getting curious, is it possible to combine Linuxbridge and OVS
VXLAN Nodes in the same cloud?

I thought this does not work as Linuxbridge-vxlan uses multicast for
instances broad- and multicasts (e.g. an arp request), while ovs-vxlan
only does unicast? At least one can specify a vxlan_group, which is a
mulitcast address, for linuxbridge vxlan.

Or is multicasting prohibited by l2_pop driver and the vxlan_group
attribute is not applicable in this case?

--
Andreas
(irc: scheuran)