[openstack-dev] [Ironic] 'Chassis' element in Ironic

Kai KH Huang huangkai2 at lenovo.com
Tue Mar 24 07:45:22 UTC 2015

Chassis alone is a management module too, rather than simply grouping nodes (as enclosure). Some chassis has individual fans, powers, even mini-switches. It normally also act as a supervisor of nodes udner it, to perform discovery, rescue tasks, which are not possible for node itself alone. It is wise to keep it in the API, for future extension (which will certainly happen).

Huang Kai