[openstack-dev] [oslo.messaging][zeromq] 'Subgroup' for broker-less ZeroMQ driver

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Mon Mar 23 13:24:15 UTC 2015

Excerpts from Li Ma's message of 2015-03-23 18:23:39 +0800:
> Hi all,
>
> During previous threads discussing about zeromq driver, a subgroup may
> be necessary to exchange knowledge and improve efficiency of
> communication and development. In this subgroup, we can schedule a
> given topic or just discuss some re-factoring stuff or bugs in irc
> room at a fixed time.
>
> Actually I'm not sure whether it is suitable to call it a 'subgroup'.
> Besides, if it is possible, we need to figure out the suitable meeting
> time and irc channel. Please give advice.

The goal we set at the Kilo summit was to have a group of people
interested in zmq start contributing to the driver, and I had hoped to
the library overall. How do we feel that is going?

One way to create a separate group to manage the zmq driver is to move
it to a separate repository. Is the internal API for messaging drivers
stable enough to do that?

Doug