[openstack-dev] [magnum] swagger-codegen generated code for python-k8sclient

Madhuri Rai madhuri.rai07 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 08:53:25 UTC 2015

Hi All,

This is to have a discussion on the blueprint for implementing
python-k8client for magnum.

    https://blueprints.launchpad.net/magnum/+spec/python-k8sclient

I have committed the code generated by swagger-codegen at
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/166720/.
But I feel the quality of the code generated by swagger-codegen is not good.

Some of the points:
1) There is lot of code duplication. If we want to generate code for two or
more versions, same code is duplicated for each API version.
2) There is no modularity. CLI code for all the APIs are written in same
file.

So, I would like your opinion on this. How should we proceed further?

Regards,
Madhuri Kumari