[openstack-dev] [ceilometer] Pipeline for notifications does not seem to work

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Sat Mar 21 11:21:46 UTC 2015

No errors in the notification logs.

Should this work with the default ceilometer.conf file or do I need to enable anything ?

I've also tried using arithmetic. When I have a meter like "cpu" for the source, this fires the expression evaluation without problems. However, I can't find a good way of doing the appropriate calculations using the number of cores. Sample calculation is below

expr: $(cpu)*0.98+$(vcpus)*10.0

I have tried $(cpu.resource_metdata.vcpus) and $(cpu.resource_metdata.cpu_number) also. Any suggestions on an alternative approach that could work ?

Any suggestions for the variable name to get at the number of cores when I'm evaluating an expression fired by the cpu time ?

Tim