[openstack-dev] [cinder] Request exemption for removal of NetApp FC drivers (no voting CI)
Timothy.ClaytonLuce at netapp.com
Fri Mar 20 21:26:54 UTC 2015
I request the same consideration being given to the Oracle driver team:
> The tag for Kilo in Cinder has already happened, so it's too late to revert. We
> may be able to revisit this in Kilo RC, but I want to see your CI reporting
> reliably now to then to Cinder reviews.
We are going to try by hook or crook to scrounge/borrow equipment to put a quick and dirty CI together and get it reliably reporting.
From: Mike Perez <thingee at gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2015 2:55 PM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [cinder] Request exemption for removal of NetApp FC drivers (no voting CI)
On 12:33 Fri 20 Mar , ClaytonLuce, Timothy wrote:
> I'd like to point out that for NetApp FC drivers NetApp has been in
> discussions and updating progress on these drivers since their submission.
> I will point out a discussion in the Nov Core meeting where I brought up the
> challenge around FC environments and the response I received:
> NetApp has in good faith been working toward implementing a CI for FC,
> I won't go into the challenges of spending $$ for lab equipment to build out
> a scalable quality CI system but suffice it to say the lab equipment is on
> order and scheduled for arrival the first part of April, at which point we
> can put in place the CI for FC.
1) We've been talking about CI's since Feburary 2014. That's really too bad
this took so long. The deadline itself has been overly announced on the
mailing list and Cinder IRC meetings. 
2) We have a number of FC drivers today that had no problem meeting this
deadline that was expressed in November 2014.
3) I've barely received updates from Netapp folks on progress here. I'm the
only point of contact, so if you weren't talking to me, then it's unknown.
I've expressed this to a number of your engineers and in my announcements
about the CI deadline 
I had to engage with Netapp to get updates, no one came to me with updates. The
last update I heard from one of your engineers was, we bought the hardware,
but it's just sitting there. That is not acceptable with us being past the
deadline, and shows a clear sign of this not being a priority.
> NetApp has been very forthcoming in our progress and have gotten all our
> other CI systems in place for 7-mode iSCSI/NFS, cDOT iSCSI/NFS and E-Series.
> I respectfully request that NetApp FC be removed from this list of drivers to
> be removed for Kilo and placed back in the releaes and we can negotiate an
> agreed upon time as to when the CI system for these drivers will be in place.
There will be no negotiating on what is an acceptable timeline for Netapp. What
we all agreed to as a *community* back at the summit and Cinder IRC meeting
 - https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Cinder/tested-3rdParty-drivers
 - http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/cinder/2015/cinder.2015-01-21-16.00.log.html
 - http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/cinder/2015/cinder.2015-02-04-16.04.log.html
 - http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/cinder/2015/cinder.2015-02-18-16.00.log.html
 - http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/cinder/2015/cinder.2015-02-25-16.00.log.html
 - http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/cinder/2015/cinder.2015-03-04-16.00.log.html
 - http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/cinder/2015/cinder.2015-03-18-16.00.log.html
 - http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-January/054614.html
OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
Unsubscribe: OpenStack-dev-request at lists.openstack.org?subject:unsubscribe
More information about the OpenStack-dev