[openstack-dev] [api][neutron] Best API for generating subnets from pool

Carl Baldwin carl at ecbaldwin.net
Fri Mar 20 19:05:59 UTC 2015

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 12:58 PM, Dean Troyer <dtroyer at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I thought about doing *s but in the world of Classless Inter-Domain
>> Routing where not all networks are /24, /16, or /8 it seemed a bit
>> imprecise.  But, maybe that doesn't matter.
>

> So do a CIDR host address:  0.0.0.1/24 can be merged into a subnet just as
> easily as it can be masked out.

Dean, I'm not sure what you're suggesting.  Are you suggesting that
0.0.0.1/24 is suitable as a template for the gateway?  If so, that is
what I had originally proposed in the spec and what others seemed to
object to.

Maybe what others didn't like was that a template was passed in for
gateway_ip.  In this case, does passing a template like this as
'gateway_ip_template' make them feel better?

Carl