[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Deprecating the use_namespaces option - Now's the time to speak up!

Assaf Muller amuller at redhat.com
Fri Mar 20 18:57:09 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

The use_namespaces option in the L3 and DHCP Neutron agents controls if you
can create multiple routers and DHCP networks managed by a single L3/DHCP agent,
or if the agent manages only a single resource.

Are the setups out there *not* using the use_namespaces option? I'm curious as
to why, and if it would be difficult to migrate such a setup to use namespaces.

I'm asking because use_namespaces complicates Neutron code for what I gather
is an option that has not been relevant for years. I'd like to deprecate the option
for Kilo and remove it in Liberty.

Assaf Muller, Cloud Networking Engineer
Red Hat