[openstack-dev] [cinder] Request exemption for removal of NetApp FC drivers (no voting CI)

ClaytonLuce, Timothy Timothy.ClaytonLuce at netapp.com
Fri Mar 20 12:33:36 UTC 2015

I'd like to point out that for NetApp FC drivers NetApp has been in discussions and updating progress on these drivers since their submission.

I will point out a discussion in the Nov Core meeting where I brought up the challenge around FC environments and the response I received:

16:10:44 <timcl> K2 for existing drivers only? What about the new drivers coming in? K2 is going to be a challenge especially with Fibre Channel

16:10:46 <DuncanT_> thingee, deprecation or removal... I'll probably put the patches up for removal then convert them to deprecation 16:10:48 <jungleboyj> DuncanT_: So the expectation is that maintainers are reliably reportng CI results by K-2 ?

16:11:04 <DuncanT_> jungleboyj, For exisiting drivers, yes

16:11:10 <jungleboyj> Ok.

16:11:38 <DuncanT_> timcl, New drivers maybe target the end of the release? With a hard cutoff of L-2

16:11:44 <thingee> Since I know not everyone attends this meeting unfortunately, I think DuncanT_ should also post this to the list. 16:12:09 <DuncanT_> thingee, Will do. I'll email maintainers directly where possible too

16:12:29 <thingee> anyone opposed to this, besides there being more work for you? :)

16:12:30 <timcl> DuncanT_: OK we'll digest that and see where we are in the FC side

16:12:53 <DuncanT_> timcl, Cool. Reach out to me if there are major issues, we can work on them.

16:13:14 <DuncanT_> Ok, I think that's me done for this topic. Thanks all

16:13:17 <timcl> DuncanT_: thx

NetApp has in good faith been working toward implementing a CI for FC, I won't go into the challenges of spending $$ for lab equipment to build out a scalable quality CI system but suffice it to say the lab equipment is on order and scheduled for arrival the first part of April, at which point we can put in place the CI for FC.

NetApp has been very forthcoming in our progress and have gotten all our other CI systems in place for 7-mode iSCSI/NFS, cDOT iSCSI/NFS and E-Series.

I respectfully request that NetApp FC be removed from this list of drivers to be removed for Kilo and placed back in the releaes and we can negotiate an agreed upon time as to when the CI system for these drivers will be in place.