[openstack-dev] [magnum] Memory recommendation for running magnum with devstack

Surojit Pathak suro.patz at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 03:06:31 UTC 2015

Team,

Do we have a ballpark amount for the memory of the devstack machine to
run magnum? I am running devstack as a VM with (4 VCPU/50G-Disk/8G-Mem)
and running magnum on it as per[1].

I am observing the kube-Nodes goes often in "SHUTOFF" state. If I do
'nova reset-state', the instance goes into ERROR state with message
indicating that it has run out of memory[2].

Do we have any recommendation on the size of the RAM for the deployment
described in[1]?

--
Regards,
SURO

[1] -https://github.com/stackforge/magnum/blob/master/doc/source/dev/dev-quickstart.rst
[2] - "internal error: process exited while connecting to monitor: Cannot set up guest memory 'pc.ram'