[openstack-dev] Can I change the username for review.openstack.org?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Mar 18 16:55:12 UTC 2015

On 2015-03-18 13:41:03 +0800 (+0800), Lily.Sing wrote:
> I follow the account setup steps here
> <http://docs.openstack.org/infra/manual/developers.html#account-setup> and
> it says the username for review.openstack.org should be the same as
> launchpad.

Well, it says "The first time you sign into ... review.openstack.org
... Please enter your Launchpad username." It doesn't say that it
won't work if you don't use the same username (in fact it will work
just fine), but I've now proposed a clarification to the document:

    https://review.openstack.org/165507

> But I input a mismatch one by mistake. Does it still work?

Yes, it works. There's no real need for them to be identical.

> If not, how can I change it? Thanks!

You can't. Gerrit is designed to assume that once a username is set
for an account it will never be changed.
--
Jeremy Stanley