[openstack-dev] [qa][neutron] Moving network api test development to Neutron repo

Salvatore Orlando sorlando at nicira.com
Tue Mar 17 21:22:50 UTC 2015

With the API tests being now available in the neutron repository - and
being actively developed, I would also mandate in reviews that API tests
are provided in lieu of the usual unit tests which at the end of the day do
what the API tests are supposed to do.

This will provide better validation, and perhaps might finally allow us to
tear down the unit test non-sense we had so far.
It's with great shame that I must admit I introduce it as a quick way to
test all plugins in Folsom. But I never expected that contributors would
start building on that.

Hopefullly we could start having unit tests which do what unit tests are
supposed to do - white-box testing methods to provide maximum coverage and
validate their behaviour with different input values.

Salvatore