[openstack-dev] [fuel] fuel-utils package

Vladimir Kuklin vkuklin at mirantis.com
Tue Mar 17 07:58:03 UTC 2015

Andrew

Thank you for pointing this out. We are working on packaging all of the
fuel library components right now. We will make it happen in a couple of
weeks - me and other guys are currently working on
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/package-fuel-components to
clean up our make system and switch to packages-only model - this should
make our life easier in terms of providing updates.

Regarding fuel-utils - you are absolutely right, but I am not sure we need
it now - it is a leftover from old times when OVS could not handle
gratuitous ARPs correctly - we will need to recheck whether we need it now.

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 4:17 AM, Andrew Woodward <xarses at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 4:35 PM, Andrew Woodward <xarses at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> While working to remove deps on /root/openrc [1][2], I found that we have
>> a package for fule-utils to provide a tool called fdb-cleaner. It looks
>> like the source is [3] and its built at [4]
>>
>> I see that there are no tests, or CI to test integrity of the code there.
>> I propose that we move this to stackforge.
>>
>> Also, I think we would want to move code in <module>/files
>> <modules>/templates (like q-agent-cleanup.py and OCF scripts) so that we
>> have a chance of being able to upgrade them. It seems like this could be a
>> proper location for these kinds of items so they don't live unversioned and
>> hidden in our manifests.
>>

> The missing links
> [1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/+bug/1396594
> [2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/+bug/1347542