[openstack-dev] [oslo][horizon][infra] oslo.policy in django-openstack-auth fails with stable/juno global requirement check

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 16:25:08 UTC 2015

Hi Oslo team,

I am working on adopting the graduated oslo.policy in django-openstack-auth [1]
but I have a question on how to migrate openstack.common.policy to oslo.policy
in libraries which have no stable branch.
django-openstack-auth has no stable branches as other python-*client.

stable/juno global-requirements requries
  django_openstack_auth>=1.1.7,!=1.1.8,<=1.1.9,
and the development is for 1.1.10 or 1.2.x,
so I first thought it is no problem.

However, in the review of [1],
gate-tempest-dsvm-neutron-src-django_openstack_auth-juno
fails with the error that oslo.policy is not in global-requirements in
stable/juno.
Is it a problem in the infra side? Or is it a thing we should avoid?

Any advise will be appreciated.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/164420/

Thanks,
Akihiro