[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Lack of low-hanging-fruit Neutron bugs

Vikram Hosakote (vhosakot) vhosakot at cisco.com
Sat Mar 14 01:33:12 UTC 2015

Dear Neutron developers,

I have been playing with OpenStack Neutron since Grizzly but never
committed a bug upstream. I want to fix a neutron bug and do not see
any unassigned low-hanging-fruit starter bug in
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bugs?field.tag=low-hanging-fruit.
I was not able to get info about unassigned low-hanging-fruit bugs in
the Neutron meetings webpage
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Network/Meetings either. Clearly, I do
not know where to look. Hence, sending this email :)

I do not know which bug to pick from
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron. I need help to pick one please.

I have experience with Neutron, namespaces, OVS bridge, agents (dhcp-
agent [dnsmasq], L3-agent, LBaaS), reading Neutron¹s Python code,
Linux, DevStack, git, gerrit, *.ini config files, REST, etc.

I prefer a Low/Medium importance bug. ŒLow¹ would be best as it will
be my first Neutron bug. I would like to fix a bug in neutron-server/
neutron-agents rather than a bug in Neutron clients (like Neutron CLI,
python-neutron-client).

Can anyone please give me a bug to fix :) I may ask help if needed
once I start fixing it.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Vikram Hosakote   |  vhosakot at cisco dot com
Cloud and Virtualization Group
Cisco Systems   |  Boxborough MA (snow is melting!)