[openstack-dev] [nova] looking for feedback on object versioning

Chris Friesen chris.friesen at windriver.com
Sat Mar 14 00:13:08 UTC 2015

Hi,

I've recently submitted some code for review at
"https://review.openstack.org/163060".

The change involves adding a new "reported_at" field to the Service object
class, and I'd like some feedback on the object-versioning aspects of that:

1) Do I need to do anything special in obj_make_compatible()?

2) Is what I've done in _from_db_object() correct?  If I don't do it like this,
how is the "reported_at" field handled when a node sends a v1.11 version of the
object (or the corresponding dict) to another node that wants a v1.12 version
object?

3) Is it okay to lazy-load a "None" value in obj_load_attr()?  The nice thing
about doing it this way is that a large number of unit/functional tests can stay
as-is.

Thanks,
Chris